FSD CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: July 15th, 2020
This Notice describes how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information of individual residents of the State of California, either online or offline, within the scope of the CCPA.
PERSONAL INFORMATION DISCLOSURES
When we use the term “personal information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
For the purposes of this Notice, personal information does not include:
- Deidentified, aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or linked to you.
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Information about job applicants, employees and other of our personnel.
- Information about employees and other representatives of third-party customers or entities we may interact with.
Collection, Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, account username/password and IP address.
- California Customer Records, (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as birthdate, contact information and payment information.
- Protected Classification Characteristics, such as age and gender.
- Commercial Information, such as shopping history and other information relating to your hobbies, interests and shopping behavior.
- Internet/Network Information, such as device information, and log and analytics data.
- Geolocation Data, such as location information from your device or estimated based on your IP address.
- Sensory Information, such as recordings of phone calls between you and us, where permitted by law.
- Other Personal Information, including loyalty program data, information you post in a public space on our services (such as testimonials) or on our social media pages or otherwise provide to us, information from your social media profile and information posted on your page, information you submit to us, including messages submitted through the services or the livechat feature, and information you submit to us when you enter a promotion (including photos, videos and other user-generated content).
- Inferences, such as predictions about your interests and preferences.
Sources of Personal Information
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Recipients of Personal Information
For a list of the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose or that we have sold to third parties during the previous 12 months, please refer to the list above in the Collection, Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information section.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
Right to Know: The right to request any or all of the following information relating to the personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information we have sold (if any) and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or, if applicable, selling the personal information.
Right to Request Deletion: The right to request the deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales: The right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties.
Right to Opt-In to Personal Information Sales: If you are under the age of 16, you have the right to authorize us, or have your parent or guardian authorize us, to sell personal information about you.
“Shine the Light”: California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code § 1798.83) also permits California residents that have an established business relationship with us to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year or to have the right to opt-out of such disclosures.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSTo Exercise Your Right to Know, Deletion or “Shine the Light”
Submit a request by:
- Emailing email@example.com with the subject line “California Rights Request”, or
- Calling 424-373-3663 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern).
We will need to verify your identity before processing most requests, which may require us to obtain additional personal information from you. You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request, but please provide your account username (if any), name, email address and mailing address in the request, as well as an explanation of the rights you wish to exercise. We will only use the personal information provided in connection with a California consumer rights request to review and comply with the request. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to verify or complete your request in all circumstances.
If you wish to submit a verifiable consumer request on behalf of another individual, we will also need sufficient information to verify that the individual is the person about whom we collected personal information and that you are authorized to submit the request on their behalf.
In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above.
To Exercise Your Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Once you make an opt-out request, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by law (such as coupons, samples, and sweepstakes or contest rewards) in exchange for the collection, retention, or sale of certain personal information about you, including Identifiers (such as your full name and email address), California Customer Records (such as your birthdate and contact information) and Commercial Information (such as information specific to your experiences with our Platform). When necessary, we will provide information about the specific terms of the financial incentive, such as the type of personal information required to be disclosed, retained or sold in exchange for the benefit you may receive, and instructions on how to opt in or opt out, on the webpage or form where the financial incentive is made available.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Notice, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by telephone at 424-373-3663 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern). You may also write to us at the following address:
2 Eaton St, Suite 805
Hampton, VA 23669
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Notice. We will notify you of any material changes to our Notice as required by law. We will also post an updated copy of this Notice on our Platform. Please check our Notice periodically for updates.