Devanco Chicken Gyro Cones
Devanco Foods – Creators of Chicago’s First & Finest Gyros and Chicken Gyros!
Preparation and Cooking:
Rotisserie - To be in compliance with Food and Safety requirements, make sure to follow these steps when cooking, preparing and serving ready to cook Chicken Gyros cones:
1. Place Chicken Gyros cones frozen, not thawed, into the gyros machine.
2. Make sure the meat is always 4-5 inches away from the heating elements on the machine – adjust the machine with the skewer adjustments if necessary.
3. Cook the meat on the cone until golden brown (160 °F or higher). You can always place the slices on a flat grill and cook them until golden brown and fully cooked.
4. Cut the meat slices thin. This will ensure that the product you are carving is fully cooked
5. Cooked Chicken Gyros slices should be held at 165 °F or higher in steam cabinet until served.
6. When closing, all Chicken Gyros meat on the cone must be fully cooked and sliced off. These cooked slices should be placed in a pan and wrapped. Place the pan in the refrigerator at 40 °F or below. Heat and serve these slices first the following day, make sure to brown the meat on flat grill (same as above).
7. Knives and other utensils must be cleaned and sanitized before using and after each use.