Browsing Sylvias products >
3 Sylvias item(s) within Peas
Sylvias Restaurant of Harlem, located at 328 Lenox Avenue, New York, NY, is owned by the Woods family which consists of Herbert and Sylvia Woods, their four children - Van, Bedelia, Kenneth, Crizette and a third generation of grandchildren.
The entire family and a great group of employees have worked together to make Sylvias a world famous African-American owned business.
Sylvias is where you can actually meet people of many nationalities and cultures from around the world.
Sylvias Restaurant of Harlem was established in 1962 with a seating capacity of 35 people. Today, Sylvias occupies most of a city block with a seating capacity of 450 people.
The restaurant, catering and banquet facilities are managed by Herbert, Sylvia, Bedelia, Kenneth and Crizette, their faithful Manager and family friend, Clarence Cooper and a host of great staff some of whom have been with Sylvias for man years.
Sylvias son, Van Woods, has led the family on an aggressive expansion since the early 1980s with the acquisition and development of real estate for the expansion of Sylvias Restaurant.
Sylvia and Herbert met in a bean field when they were eleven and twelve years old, respectively. It was love at first sight. They went to the same school and church. February 2000, Herbert and Sylvia celebrated 57 years of marriage.
After finishing their education and while Herbert was in the U.S. Navy, they got married in 1943. Before World War II was over they began a family that led to four children and the rest is history, still in the making.