Browsing Trinity products >
On April 1, 1917, Trinity Bag and Paper Company was established at 105 Hudson Street in New York City. For three years the founders of Trinity operated as mill agents and distributors of paper products. By 1920, Trinitys early success enabled them to begin operations as a converter and manufacturer of paper bags and sacks under the name Terminal Paper Bag Co. In that same year Trinity moved its headquarters to 25 West 43rd Street home of the New Yorker magazine. By the 1930s the use of kraft grocery sacks was growing tremendously, and Trinity was positioned to grow along with the supermarket industry. Trinitys major customer at this time was the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company, and Aand P dominated the grocery retail market. In 1979, Trinity entered into the plastics market as foresight predicted that the plastic T-sack would challenge the traditional paper sack. The need for a complete plastics plant became obvious by the early 1980s, and the purchase of PCL Packaging of Remington, Virginia was completed. In 1981 the board voted to change the name of the company from Trinity Bag and Paper to Trinity Paper and Plastics. With the additions of plants in Richmond, Virginia and Terrell, Texas, Trinitys plants were now strategically located to meet all of its customers needs. In 1985 Trinity moved its headquarters to 555 Fifth Avenue and established the Lewistown, Pennsylvania manufacturing facility for plastics. In 1988 Trinity decided to sell its paper operations to Stone Container Corporation, retaining only the Pennsylvania and Virginia plastics locations. Re-established as Trinity Packaging Corporation with its corporate headquarters in Armonk, New York, Trinity continued to service the supermarket industry with carry-out bags and private label products. Throughout the 1990s Trinity expanded its plastics product offerings to include retail store bags, mailing envelopes, food service bags and lawn and garden bags. With the opening of a manufacturing facility in Rocky Mount Virginia and the purchase of their third U.S. factory, PCL Packaging of Pueblo, Colorado, Trinity is now widely considered the leader in innovation and plastic products for the entire North American market.