Browsing Timbar products >
In September 1955, two competing corrugated box salesmen, Thomas Cline and Kenneth Wenk joined forces to launch Oxford Container. From a modest 10,000 square foot plant located in New Oxford, PA, 10 employees began manufacturing can cases and brown shipping containers for the local marketplace. TimBarâ€™s growth accelerated during the 1970â€™s with acquisitions in Florida. Other acquisitions in the 1990s included Sunbelt Container with plants in South Carolina and Tennessee and Oneida Container in upstate New York. In 1988 Oxford Innovations was formed to focus on retail packaging and displays. CorrLam was established in 1998 to specialize in the manufacturing of litho-laminated packaging. Later, both business units were combined to form what is today known as the companys Point-of-Purchase Division. In October 2005 and January 2006, the Company acquired two facilities in Tampa, Florida. The Tampa Division formerly Berry Packaging is a 105,000 square foot box plant specializing in the production of mini and jumbo boxes. The Protective Packaging Division specializes in polyethylene and polyurethane foam and corrugated protective packaging.
TimBarâ€™s success has been due in large part to highly skilled employees dedicated to exceptional customer service, reliable on time delivery and the utmost attention to product quality. The innovation and creativity of their team enabled TimBar to be a leader in the introduction of E-Flute to the U.S., the use of letterpress to print four-color process on E-flute, the development of wax impregnated board for the poultry and produce markets, and the converting of non-bending chip for patented applications such as the photo album and ring binder business.
Their legacy provides us with a broad perspective of many different customers in diverse industries. Their success in supplying innovative packaging springs from their commitment to understanding their clientâ€™s needs and applying creative talent and technology to achieve bottom line results.