Browsing Old Fashioned Kitchen products >
Old Fashioned Kitchen, Inc. began business from a small store front in Brooklyn, NY in 1951 manufacturing and selling 5 varieties of fresh blintz to local bakeries and institutional distributors. These first blintzes were made on an eight-burner stove salvaged intact from the kitchens of a local hotel that was being demolished. The cost was $26 in labor for the removal. The new OFK entrepreneur not only sold blintzes but also helped in the kitchen and made deliveries as well. From the very beginning, emphasis was placed on utilizing only top quality ingredients and the strict adherence to the laws of kosher
Through 1961 OFK manufactured as many as 25,000 blintzes a day exclusively for the institutional trade under the Old Fashioned Kitchen brand and also established a solid foundation of sales of the 12 pack institutional package to both bakeries and distributors.
In 1961 the Company entered the retail Market with the introduction of the Golden Brand, a high quality frozen strictly kosher six pack of Blintzes. Subsequently, potato pancakes and pierogies were added to the Golden line.
By 1970 the retail line created significant growth which required the Company to expand into larger facilities in Lakewood, NJ
Today the company can produce as many as 150,000 blintzes and 60,000 potato pancakes a shift in its 31,000 square foot modern manufacturing facility in NJ.
The growth in sales was primarily due then, as it is now, to the consistently superior quality of products, strict adherence to the laws of kosher and the exceptionally strong relationships with distributors and retail buyers.
As always, all production is under the strict supervision of the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregation of America, whose OU seal appears on all packages.